OSC-NZ has a team of highly qualified staff with extensive knowledge in fields such as marine biology, marine mammal science, Marine Mammal Observation (MMO), Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM), oceanography, and acoustics including sound transmission loss modelling. We have specialist expertise in the regulatory requirements associated with the various New Zealand marine management regimes, and experience in project management of environmental approvals, including impact assessments and stakeholder engagement. Being the Asia-Pacific branch of OSC Ltd means OSC-NZ benefits strongly from OSC’s experience, built up from 10 years in the industry. We have an extensive contractor database, which is managed strictly, and only high calibre contractors are employed, therefore we are able to meet mitigation requirements for any job, regardless of size, and time-frame.
OSC-NZ provides specialist environmental services and personnel for marine seismic surveys in New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific region. OSC-NZ offers a seamless package, managing all environmental requirements under the stringent Department of Conservation 2013 Code of Conduct for Minimising Acoustic Disturbance to Marine Mammals from Seismic Survey Operations (the Seismic Code) (www.codeofconductseismicnewzealand.com), including:
- Stakeholder engagement (government, iwi, industry and public relations);
- Development of Marine Mammal Impact Assessments (MMIA) and Marine Mammal Mitigation Plans (MMMP);
- Sound Transmission Loss Modelling (STLM) and ground truthing of acoustic predictions (real time attended noise validation) by specialist acousticians;
- Supply of Qualified Observers – Marine Mammal Observers (MMO) and Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) operators;
- Supply and installation of PAM systems and towed and static hydrophone arrays;
- Seismic data quality control;
- Training and accreditation of observers (MMO & PAM);
- Analysis of environmental data; and
- Primary research to determine the effects of marine seismic surveys on New Zealand species and habitats
OSC-NZ’s objective is to ensure 100% compliance, which we achieve through our unparalleled technical expertise, understanding of the requirements of the Seismic Code, relationships with key government agencies and stakeholder organisations, and commitment to the highest environmental standards.
Contact OSC-NZ for more information on any of our services or to discuss your requirements further.